Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sturt City

The end of last week our quiet little oasis in the red center was over taken by a mustering crew. One of the gentlemen that has adjustment cattle here on Sturt has brought his crew to muster his cattle. And, what a crew it is! I haven't gotten an actual head count, but I believe there is about 15 people, 10 dogs, 12 horses, 3 trucks (road trains), 2 utes and a bunch of other stuff! The are staying in the seven rooms in the workers quarters here on Sturt. They have brought their own trailer equip with cooking, bathroom and sleeping quarters. They plan to be here for about 10 days as there are about 2,500 head of cattle to work. It is amazing to see how self sufficient a crew of that many people can be. I am just glad that I don't have to cook for all of them!

Above is the workers quarters here on Sturt that the mustering crew is using, as well as their trailer with cooking, bathroom and sleeping set-ups.


Just a few of the many horses the crew brought with them. Each person has at least two horses as they are riding at least 10 miles every day. That's too much wear on a saddle for my butt!


No comments:

The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family