Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Easter Bilby has arrived

Easter has arrived, and so has the Easter Bilby. I know it is supposed to be the Easter Bunny, but here in Australia they like to use the Bilby instead of the Bunny. The Bilby is a tiny little marsupial, about the size of a large mouse. It has big ears like the bunny and hops along the desert floors at night. This cute little creature is endangered, therefore all the Easter publicity is great for him. I have found a picture of a bilby and have included it below.

This year we decided to make our own Easter baskets. The kids have their own Easter baskets, but they are packed away in Brisbane with much of our other items. I put my creative thinking cap on and came up with the idea of using an ice cream container. The kids had a blast personalizing their container with paint.
After the paint was dry I cut a U shape out of the lid to make the handle and secured it to the basket portion with string. We also printed coloring pages from the internet of chicks, lambs and eggs and the kids colored them, I cut them out and we glued the art work to the baskets. The grass in the baskets is shredded paper that came in a package the other day. I guess going Green isn't so hard after all.

Hayden and Yarra with their Easter baskets that the Easter Bilby brought them. They enjoyed a healthy breakfast of chocolate, YEAH!






1 comment:

Meghan said...

I really like reading your blog to see what you guys are up to down there! It sounds like everyone is doing well and the kids are getting so big! Take care and Happy Easter! -Meghan M.

The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family