Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Holidays

Well, I must say that I sure don't get on the computer as much as I used to, or as much as I would probably like. Seems the station life is busier than ever at the moment and I am always busy with something for the kids. But, occasionally I do take time to squeeze in a few moments for the blog. So, needless to say, I am a bit behind the times.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I do miss celebrating Thanksgiving. Last year we did do a big Thanksgiving-like feast to celebrate, but time and schedules did not cooperate this year. I always loved getting together with all the family, usually in Newell. The kids and usually men playing outside, women gathering in the kitchen around the cooking food and catching up with every ones comings and goings. I do catch up with family, now just through electronic methods via e-mail or web cam! After all I do have so much to be thankful for, we need to celebrate it!

I had a wonderful birthday the end of last month. I must say I was really dreading this birthday, the big 30!!!! I am not sure what I thought would happen on that day? I knew I wouldn't magically wake up with a bunch of wrinkles or grey hair (I already have a ton of those). Really, it was just another day. A good day at that. Butch planned a nice BBQ and invited a few friends. We had a great time, a few drinks, a few gifts and a lovely sunflower cake (Thanks Kelly). I am still not sure why 30 is so scary. I am enjoying it, as I don't feel a day over 25!

Less than 20 days until Christmas now. I think the warm weather at Christmas has been the most difficult thing to get used to. I know, you would think the obvious, getting used to driving on the other side of the road or learning the slang language. Nope, a warm Christmas!! We did have many a Christmas seasons that we didn't have snow in the states, but not middle of summer weather. I walked by the Chemist shop a while back and physically stopped in the doorway, staring at them putting up Christmas decorations. As I listened to the Christmas music my mind wandered.....Why are they putting up Christmas decorations in July? Of coarse I knew it wasn't July, but the weather reminded me of the 4th of July. Times when you should be boating, camping and enjoying the water, NOT Christmas!! I drive by houses all decorated for Christmas and see the snowmen decorations and the caroller's all dressed up in winter clothes. It just doesn't seem right, but I just laugh! After all Santa should be wearing board shorts and a singlet (tank top) here in Australia. That big suit is WAY too hot for our weather!!

So, I best get a bit of valuable sleep. I wish everyone a wonderful and safe holiday season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family