
Green is not a color that I am particularly fond of. But, this time of year I am ecstatic to see the green growing beneath our feet. In the past week we have seen about three inches of rain fall. This is a much welcomed site as these are the first rain drops we have seen since February. The rain fell during the late hours of the night, otherwise I would have been outside dancing in it. The past few days we have been watching with anticipation for the green grass. I am happy to report that is has emerged. The picture above is proof. Each day it seems that we can measure the growth on the grass. The old, dead, brown leaves are now replaced with a vibrant green. The cattle and horses are enjoying the tasty pick as well. We are hoping that the rain continues as we have been experiencing very warm temperatures.
Hopefully the wet season has arrived!

One of the horses enjoying the lovely green shoots of grass.
No comments:
Post a Comment