Monday, January 19, 2009

Wildlife

So, I have talked about the location of the Territory, the lifestyle and there is one last thing, the wildlife! There are many wild animals that roam this red soil country, most of them from the reptile family much to my dislike! But there are some friendly or should I say harmless ones as well. Below are some pictures of just a few of the commonly seen animals.

This is a gecko, a friendly small lizzard. Or as Hayden calls them, a leesard! And no I don't think these ones are in the Gieco Insurance ads! These little lizzards are everywhere once the sun goes down. They just eat bugs and climb along the walls and ceilings. Most times you don't even know they are around.
This is a pair of green tree frogs. Know to Hayden as froggy-bitty. He thinks they bite because I tell him to just look at them, not touch. These frogs are about the size of the palm of your hand and only come out after it rains. They like to climb into pipes or hollow tubes and then croak LOUDLY!!!! You can hear their croaking for miles during the night.

And finally a old ghost gum tree where most of these animals can be found. This tree happens to be at the swamp, but they grow just about anywhere here. They are massive big trees and loose thier bark and the branches have the white color. They are very beautiful trees!



No comments:

The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family