Friday, January 30, 2009

Rain, Rain, Rain

I know that I talk about the rain alot, but let me tell you it sure does rain a lot here. It is the "rainy season," but I think I have seen more rain in the two months we have spent here in the Northern Territory than I would have seen most years of living in South Dakota. It rains so often that each time it rains Hayden sayes, "Mom, it's raining AGAIN." Today for example it started raining early in the morning and didn't quite until well after lunch. Now I am not talking about a nice slow soaking rain, as we would call it in SD. I am talking about raining buckets for hours!!!! Just last Saturday we had an afternoon storm roll through and we ended up with 2 1/2 inches of rain in less than a half an hour. The pictures below are just a couple shots of the rain. It rained so much we had about an inch of rain in the kitchen.

We just weren't quick enough to get the clothes off the line before the big rain came. Needless to day the clothes went back to the washing machine for a good spin cycle to get rid of some rain water.

Hayden and Butch were excited to play in the rain. They splahed each other and even rolled in the water! The rain here is not cold, so it is very enjoyable to play in.


No comments:

The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family