Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hayden's 4 Years Old

February 15th was Hayden's 4th birthday. We spent the day at home, nothing exciting. Hayden wasn't sure about the birthday thing at first. By about lunch time he had caught on and realized that because it was his birthday he would be getting cake and presents! He ordered chocolate cake, which was no surprise. He had already received his present from Mom and Dad as we had gone to Darwin the weekend before and he picked out a two story play firehouse with firetruck and firemen. He informed me that I didn't need to wrap it, he would just wait until his birthday to open the box. He also received many cards, a water gun and John Deere dump truck.
He is growing into such a BIG kid. He is a little taller now, although it is hard to tell because we don't wear long pants. When we lived in South Dakota I could tell each time he had grown taller because I had to put away more pairs of jeans. Hayden is his father's shadow most days. He will spend hours at the shop, playing in the dirt, or riding in the vehicle doing whatever needs to be done. He is getting to be an expert at opening gates. He is also into watching movies lately. The Koala Brothers are still a favorite, he even repeats phrases from the movies. We have approached the idea of going to school and Hayden is strictly against it! We have tried to tell him it is like playgroup (which he loves) but that doesn't even work. I guess I am glad we have a year to break him into the idea.

Hayden blowing out the candles.

Opening one of the presents.

Showing off the big water gun he received.

No comments:

The Taylor Family

The Taylor Family