So it has been almost two years since we have moved to Australia. There are so many things about Australia that we absolutely love. We love the weather, the lifestyle, the family time we are able to spend together and the friendly people just to name a few. But there are a few things that we miss about America. Our wonderful family is generous enough to send us great care packages filled with things that we miss like Ranch dressing powder (as you can't send the already made dressing because it contains milk and egg products), butterscotch chips, fruit snacks and Oreo cookie dessert mix.
One thing that both Butch and I have been craving is a good old hot dog. They make sausages and frankfurters here, but they just aren't the same as a Oscar Meyer hot dog. We have tried many brands of "hot dogs" over here in Australia but all have ended in disappointment. Hot dogs that had no taste, or were just mushy inside, or had very thick skins, the list of disappointments goes on and on. Yesterday while doing the grocery shopping Butch picked up a new brand of hot dogs and we brought it home for a try. I must say I was VERY sceptical!! When I opened the package the smell of the hot dogs took me back to my very young days at the babysitters when she used to make us macaroni and cheese and the red hot dogs that you boiled. I fried them instead of boiling them, but these hot dogs were very tasty. We all sat down to a wonderful meal of hot dogs and macaroni and cheese!! Everyone enjoyed them, the kids even ate two hot dogs each. So, the search for a good hot dog has finally been successful. I must say that they are not as good as Oscar Meyer hot dogs, but they will do for the time being. We will definitely be purchasing more of these hot dogs the next time we are grocery shopping.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment