Last Saturday started off as just another ordinary day. I did a few odd cleaning jobs around the house, the kids enjoyed playing outside and Butch worked on a few different projects in the shop. That afternoon while doing chores I noticed I was having a few pains. I had been having a little back for a day or two, but just normal pregnancy pains. But, this pain was a little stronger and seemed to come and go. As the night continued, so did the pains. So, by nine PM I decided I really was in labor and we probably needed to do something about it. I had the hospital bags packed, so we made sure that Hayden and Yarra were tucked in bed, gave instructions to Butch's Sister Kim and headed for Katherine. Once at the hospital they did the usual hooking up of monitors and determined that yes, I was in labor, and yes, the baby was breach. I was given medication numerous times to attempt to stop the labor, without success. Butch and I did manage a couple hours of sleep and early Sunday morning I was taken by airplane to Darwin Hospital. Darwin is a three hour drive from Katherine, therefore any semi-emergent patients are flown to Darwin. The plane was small, myself and another patient, a nurse for each of us and three pilot staff made the plane feel cramped. In the meantime Butch returned to the station to pick up the kids and other necessities. We all arrived in Darwin around noon. By the time all the paperwork and doctor's visits were complete we were ready to go to the operating room for the Cesarean Section. And at 2:27PM Sunday November 1st we were blessed with a healthy baby girl.
We truly are blessed with three little miracles.
No comments:
Post a Comment